Greg holds regular advice surgeries for his constituents. For details, please see the relevant page on his web site.
Born in Middlesbrough in 1967, Greg attended the local St Peter's Comprehensive, South Bank. He went on to study Economics at Cambridge University and was awarded his PhD at the London School of Economics.
Before entering politics, Greg worked for the Boston Consulting Group, one of the world's top business strategy firms, and was posted to the USA, Mexico, South America and Iceland, as well as working for clients in the UK.
Greg was Special Advisor to the Secretary of State for Trade & Industry - the Rt Hon Ian Lang MP - from 1996 until the General Election in 1997. Subsequently, he was appointed the BBC's Controller, Commercial Policy.
Before becoming an MP, Greg was Director of Policy for the Conservative Party from March 2001 for three successive Leaders - William Hague, Iain Duncan Smith and Michael Howard - before being elected to Parliament for Tunbridge Wells in 2005.
Greg was appointed as Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change in October 2008, having previously been Shadow Minister for Charities, Social Enterprises and Volunteering. Greg was responsible for two landmark policy papers in Energy and Climate Change policy: "The Low Carbon Economy" and "Rebuilding Security", which set out how a Conservative Government will make Britain a leading player in the low carbon economy.
In May 2015, Greg was appointed Minister of State at the Department for Communities and Local Government.
In July 2016, Greg was appointed Minister for Business, Energy and Instustrial Strategy by Prime Minister Theresa May.
- MP for Tunbridge Wells, May 2005-
- Member of Public Accounts Committee, 2005-2006
- Shadow Minister for Charities, Social Enterprise and Volunteering, 2006-2008
- Shadow Minister for Teesside, 2006-2010
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy & Climate Change, 2008-2010
- Minister of State, Communities and Local Government, 2010- 2012
- Minister for Cities 2011-2015
- Financial Secretary to the Treasury 2012-2014
- Minister for Universities, Sciences and Cities in the Cabinet Office 2014-2015
- Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government 2015-2016
- Minister for Business, Energy and Instustrial Strategy 2016-